Aspen Senior Center in Provo is Utah’s finest activity day center! We provide respite for family caregivers caring for loved ones at home and our clients who come have an enjoyable time. Here are some of the benefits of those who come regularly:
- Enhanced positive mood and outlook on life
- Slowed progression of dementia and memory skills
- Improved social and verbal abilities
- Enhanced memory through reminiscing and socializing
- Stimulated mental activity through games, puzzles, and crafts
- Increased physical activity, strength and blood flow
- Improved art skills and abilities
- New friends made and enjoyed
- Increased appetite and nutrition along with better sleep at night
- Boosted self-esteem through celebration of their life and accomplishments
Just like with school, the more we go the better we do. No adult needs “daycare” but all adults need mental stimulation, physical activity, good nutrition, and social interaction. At our Aspen Activity Day program we help seniors live life more fully. Quality of life is important to all of us and our services provide a higher quality of life for out clients and their family caregivers.
We have fully adopted the Cognasium Approach for seniors. Cognasium means “gymnasium for the brain” or doing those things which help our brains stay active and healthy. There are four parts to this approach :
- mental stimulation
- physical activity
- good nutrition
- active socializaton
Many seniors and the elderly stay at home and watch TV and let their brains go dormant. We all know that our brains are like muscles: if we don’t use them we will lose them.
Call us today to learn more and schedule a tour at 801-607-2300. Visit our Facebook page to see some of the fun things we are doing!