Whether it’s short-term medical care after a hospital stay or a chronic illness needing on-going medical care, home health agencies are dedicated to providing quality medical care in the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home.
Most home health agencies offer a variety of services such as
- Skilled nursing
- Wound care
- Infusion therapy
- Pain management
- Injections, immunizations
- Rehabilitation therapies: physical, occupational & speech-language
- Medical social services and counseling
- Case management
- Home health aid services (bathing, personal care)Medicare will pay for these services only while a patient is receiving medical treatment in the home and as often as the doctor determines, usually 2 to 3 times a week. Visit Medicare.gov to find out what services are covered.
Medicare doesn’t pay for long-term care. It’s all about helping seniors heal and improve their health and strength. Seniors must be making improvement to qualify or re-certify for home health services.
Aspen works with some of the best home health agencies in Utah. They take care of the medical side of things and we take care of everything else.
Questions to ask before you begin receiving home health care.
There’s a lot to consider when looking for a home health agency. Below are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have national accreditation?
- Is the agency Medicare approved and what will Medicare cover?
- Will the agency take other insurance and what will insurance cover?
- What kinds of ongoing training do your professional caregivers receive?
- What are their educational backgrounds?
- Is a nurse is available 24/7?
- Will there be someone to cover if the nurse or aid is ill?
- Are you flexible with visits? Can the nurse and/or aid come when it’s convenient for me?
The home health agency you are considering should tell you how much Medicare will pay and services they won’t pay for that will be your responsibility. They should explain this both by talking with you and in writing.
It’s perfectly fine to ask for references and ask people you know who may have used home health before. Ask how their experience was with the agency they used.
Home health is a great service for providing medical care in the home. It is usually less expensive than hospital care and seniors heal better in their own homes.
Aspen Senior Care fills in the gaps
When home health isn’t enough, Aspen Senior Care can step in and provide quality personal care and homemaker services.
Our services include:
• Shower assistance
• Hygiene care
• Medication reminders
• Meal planning and preparation
• Light housekeeping
• Errands and transportation
• Alzheimer’s and dementia care
• Respite and Hospice care
We are dedicated to providing the best care possible in the home. Please visit our website at aspenseniorcare.com or call us at 801-224-5910 for more information. We’re here to help!